The Family

The Family
This is us about 6 hours after Elijah arrived. I'm happy because the phenergan had worn off and no I'm not on pain meds here.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Getting In a Groove

Well it has been a little over a month now since Blake left for Iraq. Slowly, but surely, the boys and I are getting in a groove. Yes some days I want to pull my hair out!!! Some days I wish I could just go shopping and come home when I want to. That being said I wouldn't change anything! In a weird kind of way I think this deployment will not only strengthen our marriage, but our family in general. When you only get to talk for a short time it forces you to have communication. And since I can't give Blake go to hell looks I have to use my words haha. Its true that you don't know what you've got until its gone. I keep myself busy so as to not break down, but there are days when the boys are in bed and the house is quiet I sit down and just cry a little bit. Instead of it getting easier to sleep, its getting harder. I have tried putting pillows on Blake's side of the bed, but its just not working. I make sure to talk about him daily to the boys and show them pictures of him, its the best I can do for now. It gets lonely, very lonely. A HUGE part of me is kicking myself in the ass for moving back to Arkansas. Yes, it took me forever to get adjusted to Oklahoma life, that place is like a different country haha. It's just weird, I don't know how to explain it.
In other Blake news.....he found out today that he will be moving to a different FOB. So, if I gave you his address don't send anything until you get a new address from me. He should be leaving for his new FOB in the next week or so. He is doing fine, just missing home. But have you seen me lately?? Sexy as hell I am, I mean who wouldn't miss me haha Just kidding there and everyone knows it.
The boys are both doing fine. Kale is getting ready to start another school year and I don't think he is too excited about it. Elijah is growing like a weed!! He is so flippin funny!! He and Kale had their first "discussion" over a toy the other day, I must admit I just sat back and laughed.
I must apologize to everyone. I know this past month I have been in a "funk". Its just been really hard, but it is getting a little better. I keep telling myself 1 month down only 11-14 more to go! Blake and I are looking into taking a trip, just for us, when he gets back. Right now my fav is St. Lucia!!! SO if anyone has any ideas on a nice, romantic place please let me know. I said we could just go to Hot Springs and stay at a B & B or something. To which my husband replied, "I be damned if I spend a year in this hell hole to go to Hot Springs." So, he twisted my arm, and I am looking at other places. Well I guess that is about all for now. Blake the boys and I love you and miss you!! Please stay safe!! 143

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh... St. Lucia... sounds nice! I like any of the Saints... Lucia, Croix, heck... even Louis!

amber leann said...

Can I tag along? I promise you won't see me till it's time to leave!:)