The Family

The Family
This is us about 6 hours after Elijah arrived. I'm happy because the phenergan had worn off and no I'm not on pain meds here.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Finally here! How it's been. Part 3 of 3

Well, after all of us left ali al-salem; each with our own section. we were divided up into 2 major sections, each having a HQ and 3-4 force protection units a piece. It is no secret what we are here for, but I will not always be going into specifics. Lets just say our guys work long shifts and help protect the base. After leaving Camp V, we went to Ali to depart our separate ways.

the first day in country, we had a bad dust storm. Little did i know that weather would play a big role in my upcoming job. I went in to get linins and a room when I was told that I would be the armorer and mail handler, on top of whatever it was I was going to do. My job...my MOS, well, i don't even mess with it here. It isn't needed.

So, for now, with one month in country and a paycheck or two under my belt, things are fine. I saved up and got a TV and a small fridge. I have my lappy-top and enough legit and black market DVD's to last me a while. I managed to find something better than a expensive ass calling card, called SPAWAR. I have also recieved 2 boxes from Lin. I love all the mail I get, though I dont get alot. We all do. send more please..:-)

I don't work out as much as i should, and a smoke more than i should. I dream of my wife and kids, and of seeing the world. I have managed to get in trouble a time or two for silly things, but I am getting better at my job and at life. I miss some of the guys i hung out with alot, and I enjoy some of the others.

My level of respect and admiration has went down for quite a few of our batteries important people, while it has went up for a few of some of the joes like myself. All in all, I am here to get paid and get promoted. Just like any other guy. I dont care about Iraq, or anything like that. I care about my guys, and anyone else in uniform. They are all that matters for now. The medic in me cares for peoples well-being.

I am finding I need to be more of a man: more confrontational, more vocal, more of a leader, ect.
I am not alot of those things. I suck at speaking....I tend to be low key. basicly, I need to change alot of myself and quit being afraid.

If any of you have questions about what all I do, what it is like over here...I mean anything!
Send Lin an email or just post them here. She will make sure I see them and answer them.
In the mean, when things happen (excluding opsec stuff and deaths), I'll post them here.
laters!

1 comment:

LindseyB said...

Side note: He has receivd 2 boxes with three more on the way. The guys are starting to see he has the most awesome hippo wife ever!!!!! The boys and I love him and miss him!! Hopefully we will see him in a few months for some R&R, I will keep everyone posted on when that will be.