The Family

The Family
This is us about 6 hours after Elijah arrived. I'm happy because the phenergan had worn off and no I'm not on pain meds here.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Visit From The Tooth Fairy

So yesterday Kale went to the dentist for a check up. While the chick was cleaning his teeth she mentioned how loose one was and how the dentist may want to pull it cause it was hanging there. Well about that time she started polishing that tooth and out it popped. Kale screamed, blood gushed, and a tooth went flying.....after I realized he was fine I thought wow she prolly just saved me a hundred bucks by the dentist not having to pull it.....bad mommy. So other than that his teeth are healthy and his other front tooth is loose and will be next. How that kid has healthy teeth I will never know, nor will I complain about it. I can barely brush his teeth, let alone for the 2 minutes they recommend. So, even though we waited 2 1/2 hours to get called back Kale did well. There were kids kicking, screaming, yelling, crying, and Kale looked at them like whats the big deal. For some reason he fights for me to brush his teeth, but when we go to the dentist he just lays there and opens his mouth, seriously he does. I think he fights me to make my life hard :) The tooth fairy; being the brilliant, awesome, beautiful, person she is left him three dollars :)

Elijah is doing good and finally gaining weight. He took a bath the other night with Ruby Kate, which I am sure scarred him for life hehe They look like Ebony and Ivory, poor white kid. After the bath he and RK fought over the passy and dug through the diaper bag.....(I will get pictures of all this posted soon but my computer is being stupid!)

Things with Blake and I are going ok. Hopefully the adjustment period is about to be over with. I tell you I am going to ask for a raise!!! Being a wife is hard stuff!!! And me biting my tongue is even harder!!! I just keep telling myself one day at a time and that I am where God wants me to be. Blake knows he is going to re-up but doesn't know if he wants to stay at Ft Sill or go to Ft Sam Houston(San Antonio, TX). For selfish reasons I would like to stay at Sill. I finally have friends there, the schools are awesome, and it would be easier setting up shop there. BUT Ft Sam Houston is a medic's dream post. I so want him to get it, but it is hard to get assigned there. So who knows where we will end up.....I don't care as long as we are all together. This week will hold more of the same.....school, grocery shopping, and playing with the boys. Friday is Kale's birthday!!! I can't believe he will be 8!!! It doesn't seem possible!!! His dad, stepmother, and sister are going to come see him and we are going to party!!!! So, that should be fun, right?!?! I guess that is about all.....not much to blog about really. Maybe one day I will be able to blog about the end of the deployment....ooohhhh I can't wait!!! I'm off to cook some dinner and then have bath time for the boys. Peace out!!! 143

3 comments:

Stacy said...

whoohoo for Kale loosing a tooth!

amber leann said...

Wait ago Kale for such healthy teeth! I wish I could say the same for Kylan!

amber leann said...

Hey, I was trying to find out how my class can adopt a solider. I thought I had read it somewhere on an old blog. Can you send me any info or a website that might help?