The Family

The Family
This is us about 6 hours after Elijah arrived. I'm happy because the phenergan had worn off and no I'm not on pain meds here.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Trace Adkins Is In The House

So today was the usual, dull day around here. Took Kale to school, came back home, went to the post office, picked Kale up, and then home again. Kale got scratched at school today by another little boy. It's not too bad, I mean no blood or anything, I'm just glad Kale didn't grab a handful of hair when the kid scratched him. I am sure he thought about it and probably even tried it. When I picked him up the teacher was showing me the scratch and explaining what had happened and I asked Kale if he was ok....he looked up at me as if saying mom you should have seen the other guy haha Kale's a tough cookie I am sure he will be fine, but just to be sure I put some triple antibiotic cream on it after his bath. Elijah is cutting his first tooth. Last Thursday morning he was chewing on granny's finger and she felt it. Now you can see it and its growing fast!! He hasn't been fussy or anything with it(bangin on wood) so hopefully it will come in ok. He is cooing and I am thinking he will be talking before long. I have him saying mmmmm after he takes a bite of food and he is screeching at the top of his lungs. Not crawling just scooting on his belly but is trying to pull up. Maybe he thinks crawling is a waste of time and wants to grow straight to walking-who knows.

To explain the headline for today's post. I chatted online with Blake for a bit today. I knew he was excited about something because he was more talky than normal. When I asked him what was up he said I met Trace Adkins today. My first thought was BITCH. Then I was like huh. He said Trace had come to sing for them and then sat around and chatted, took pictures, and signed autographs for them. He told them that he watched him on Glenn Beck a couple months back, of course that credit goes to me cause I made him watch it cause I'm addicted to that show. Anyways he sounded up beat and it was refreshing to hear him excited about something. It also warmed my heart that Trace Adkins would take time to sit and relax with the guys before leaving........I think that meant more to them than anything. Other than that Blake is doing good. He goes to the board next week to see if he can get promoted so everyone say an extra prayer for us. He has been studying and working his butt off, he really deserves it. He got a good conduct medal a couple of weeks ago, BUT just told me about it yesterday cause as he says its no big deal. To which I replied a medal is a medal in my book. Hopefully he won't get too flustered at boards, it can be intimidating, and will be passed up to SGT. I mean I was reading the study guide for this crap and there is even a certain way you have to enter the room!!! You have to know alot of crap and no cheat sheets allowed. Anyhow that is about all that is going on around here.......

Brooks will be in town the end of this week, bu t will be golfing, and then I will be up here while he is at mom and dad's so I prolly won't get to see him. I think that sucks big time cause Elijah hasn't even gotten to meet him yet and I really want him to wear his bibs Brooks and Supy got him so he can see how cute he looks in them.....oh well. Maybe next time huh. Well I am going to do some studying then off to bed. 143

2 comments:

Stacy said...

so glad Elijah's teething isn't driving him mad. Maybe he can tell Ruby Kate how it's done! Cook that some famous chef??? visited the troops. Just kidding. I have heard of that guy before!

amber leann said...

Yay for the update! Hope Elijah's teething goes much better than Jace's has.