The Family

The Family
This is us about 6 hours after Elijah arrived. I'm happy because the phenergan had worn off and no I'm not on pain meds here.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Long overdue update!!

For those of you who aren't in the know the boys and I have arrived in Ft Sill. The house is unpacked, except for 5 boxes, and we are awaiting Blake's arrival sometime next week, hopefully. I knew coming here would be bring relief and challenges. First major challenge was me changing the plug on the washer. WARNING IF YOU HAVE TO PEE, DO IT NOW BECAUSE YOU MAY PISSING YOURSELF READING THIS NEXT PART. So, our dryer is a 3 prong plug and the plug in the house if 4 prong. One of the movers told me how to change the plug out. So, Heather and myself along with Elijah and Wyatt set off to Lowe's. I found the plug and I must say the appliance guy looked SHOCKED when I told him I was going to change it out. So, he told me step by step instructions. The next morning I grab the tool box and set out to change the plug.....all went well and when I plugged the dryer in it worked!! So, of course, I patted myself on the back and said to myself huh who needs a man. I noticed this one green wire wasn't plugged in, nor did it have a spot to plug in. I said huh must be a spare wire. WRONG!!! I put the door thingy back over the wires and it shocked the PISS out of me. It threw me back into the wall, sparks flew, singed my nails and fingers. About that time my cell phone rings and I struggle to get to my feet. It was Heather saying her brother was coming to town and would change the plug out for me. Needless to say I guess I was still in shock, no pun intended, and she asked if I was drunk. Once she figured out I was ok, and laughed her ass off, she told me to call maintenance. So, that afternoon the guy came and changed the plug out for me. Evidently the spare green wire, isn't a spare. Its a ground wire or something and that is what shocked the living daylights out of me. I say oh well I won't do that again.....LESSON LEARNED. He said its a good thing this is a 210 outlet(I think) cause a 11o would've killed you. I just kinda laughed. DISCLAIMER: Elijah was in bed asleep when this happened but the loud POP woke him up.

So......mom and Kale got here last Wednesday and mom and I unpacked boxes like mad women. I must say I am pretty happy with the house. The boys have alot of room to play, or destroy as I call it, and roam around like they own the place. Elijah's new favorite toy is a dishwasher and LOVES playing in Granny's. Much to his delight we have a dishwasher in our new house. Kale LOVES the low carpet, its so much easier for him to get around on. I like living on post better than I thought I would....everything you need is right here. Mom says its like living in a prison I tell her its called security. I love the fact of actually having another adult, Heather, to talk to during the day.....what a relief for the both of us. And since the guys are gone we take turns cooking dinner.......honestly there is probably a rumor going around about the 2 lesbians down the street haha Other than that I am just working on getting mine and Blake's room and bathroom put together. The boys bathroom and bedrooms are already up and going so now its time for ours.

Please say an extra prayer for Blake that he makes it to the States without any problems. I guess I need to get off my butt and cook some dinner. Peace out homies!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

glad you are getting settled in!

amber leann said...

Glad you made it safe and sound. Sounds like you have been super busy, but already making lots of progress.

The Kissin S Ranch said...

This story, sadly, does not suprise me at all!! I am so glad you have Heather to hang with and things are going well! Let us know when Blake gets here!