The Family

The Family
This is us about 6 hours after Elijah arrived. I'm happy because the phenergan had worn off and no I'm not on pain meds here.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nerves of Steel.......well kinda

Well today was more of the same....packing up and crying. Today was full of confirmations and double checking that we have all of our ducks in a row. We had the pre deployment briefing tonight which was boring as hell to say the least. We learned some new info and I actually made a friend....OK honestly I think we were separated at birth haha Hey Heather whoop whoop!!! Speaking of Heather I saw a poem on her myspace page that I am going to acquire for my blog hehe. Well that is all for now, because if I keep typing I will get all emotional again and that can't be happening.....peace out and see yall soon!!!

This is the poem I acquired from Heather's page:

i'm not ready to be on my own
i'm not ready to spend hours by the phone
i'm not ready to be a single mom
i'm not ready for it to be my dusk when its your dawn
i'm not ready for all of the tears
i'm not ready to face an empty bed for an entire year
i'm not ready for you to miss our son grow
i'm not ready to have only pictures to show
i'm not ready for what others have to say
i'm not ready for your deployment day
poem by:lashanda moon

and here is another one that I found a little bit ago and put it on my myspace page and thought I would share it here.

The Silent Ranks
I wear no uniforms, no blues or greens.But, I am in the military, in the ranks rarely seen.I have no rank upon my shoulders. Salutes I do not give.But in the military world is where I live and am rarely seen.I am not in the chain of command, orders I do not give or get.But my husband is the one who does, this I can not forget.I am not the one who fires a weapon, Who puts his life on the line.But my job is just as tough, I’m the one who is always left behind.My husband is a patriot, a brave and pride filled man.And the call to serve his country not all can understand.Behind the lines, I see things needed to keep this country free.My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do my kids and me.I love the man I married. The military is his life.So I pledge to support my hero and stand among the silent ranks known asTHE MILITARY WIFE.

2 comments:

amber leann said...

Love the poems, they are so true! Bless you wives!

Stacy said...

so glad you met your sister separated at birth! Gotta love those friendships... the ones you just know you were meant to have from the moment you say HI.