The Family

The Family
This is us about 6 hours after Elijah arrived. I'm happy because the phenergan had worn off and no I'm not on pain meds here.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Time to Play Catch Up!!

what was left of my cake.....
RK....poor girl looks more like her daddy every day
loves.....but i have to wonder why stacy lets her daughter tan....
surprise to me!!!
Good eating...l to r: steph, aunt kevin, tracy, me, amber, and stacy
Elijah having his first bitter biscuit....he loves those things!!
Kale playing in the sprinkler....
using it as a water fountain




So the last time I left you on the Brietz saga it was about to be my birthday. My sis in law and my bff Tracy arranged a dinner for me. I was lured there under false pretenses and forced to have a good time, charges are pending. We all ate til we popped and had a great time visiting. We listened to the convo going on at the next table and learned those guys took every cheerleader at their school to prom, think revenge of the nerds....it was funny guess you just had to be there. OK all of that was on Tuesday night. Wednesday nothing much happened just a typical day. Thursday was my 27th birthday......I know what you are thinking you don't look a day over 25-I know I look good and without Botox :) We hippos are just good like that, I'm quite sure its all of the mud baths. As many of you may or may not know my birthday is a bittersweet day. My best friend Jane passed away 7/24/99, yes that is right my 18th brithday. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and on this day it just doubles. As usual her mom called to wish me a happy birthday and we talked about Jane and cried as we normally do. In a way I think she feels guilty for Jane passing on my birthday, but its something that was out of their control. I look at it like this, I think it is a way that we will always be connected. I know there are days that I don't get through the day without her pushing me......I know you are thinking psycho, but I feel her presence all of the time. Like when I smell her perfume, or hear a certain song.........I miss her so much!!! I wish she were here. I know I will see her again some day. Today the boys and I hung out at the house. Stacy and the kids came by for a visit and we watched as RK and Elijah checked each other out. They are so funny, not to mention the fact they look like ebony and ivory-the picture will explain it all. This evening the boys and I loaded up and went to mama shelia and papa joey's house. They always have a great time out there and I tell you I needed this visit with them. They are so awesome to me!!! They are second parents when I need a kick in the ass and best friends when I need to talk-I am very blessed to have them and their family in my life. We ate and ate and then talked and then ate. I tell you next week I am going back to good eating habits and to tae-bo......I dread it but I have gained 3 pounds since Blake left and it stops here!!!!! Anywho that is what has been going on with me.....oh wait back to my birthday. OK all night we had been telling Kale to come eat some cake. So I was getting Elijah ready for his bath when I hear a crash in the kitchen. I run to see what is going on and Kale had thrown the white cake in the floor :( I didn't know whether to laugh or cry so I just laughed......he came and got some cake alright. Ok so now for some pics. Blake I miss you and love you!!! Come home soon!!!




143










2 comments:

Stacy said...

you are funny... mud baths! I will try that!

amber leann said...

I had a great time with you the other night, and we should so do it more often!