The Family

The Family
This is us about 6 hours after Elijah arrived. I'm happy because the phenergan had worn off and no I'm not on pain meds here.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Back from my little hiatus.........

Well the boys and I haven't been doing too much since my last blog. Long story short, we are staying in Arkansas for now :( I am trying to take it in stride and tell myself everything fell apart for a reason. I find myself repeating, I am where God wants me to be.....some days it works and some days not so much. Blake is doing ok. Just real tired from being spread so thin at work. Gosh I miss him!!! Yesterday Mom came up to stay the night and visit with us. While she was here I took advantage and went to town for my weekly trip. I got my nails did and also stopped and got some goodies to send to Iraq to Blake, his roomie, and our adopt a soldier. If you haven't adopted one yet please visit adoptaussoldier.org and get one. All you do is register and then in a couple of days they send you a soldiers name and address. I mean come on it is the least we can do, plus if you go to the post office and let them know you are sending it to a soldier in Iraq they will cut you a deal.....you think you are hot in Arkansas heat, Blake told me it has been 115 during the day there. Anywho.......I got back from my weekly excursion and packed boxes and played with the boys. Daddy got here shortly after that and we just all kind of sat around and chilled. Today we all went to Memaw's house for Little Granny's 98th, yes that's right I said 98th, birthday. We all had a good time getting caught up on everyone's lives, cause we know mine is EXCITING and everyone wants to know about it. Aunt Mary, Memaw's sister, and her daughter Beth got to come up from Alabama. They haven't been here in a good long while. We all sat around talking and doing what we do best, eating. I finally got to meet Steph's baby girl Keelee Jo, I hope I spelled it right. I must say she told me that I am her very favorite, can you blame her. So while there we took advantage of the oportunity and took some 5 generation pictures. Granted mom either looks drunk or high in ours, but we took them anyway. While we were there Kale showed off his walking and Elijah did the whole cute baby thing. I must say I am a little worried about my oldest bro. He hasn't been feeling too well and I hope he takes mom's advice and just takes it easy for a few days, he deserves it. I mean health first, no matter what. I know that when Blake is sick I take the kids and close him up in the room so that he can rest.....rest can do a sickly person alot of good. I cancel all plans, like I ever have any, and just tend to him and the boys. True some people may say I baby him, but he returns the favor. I can't tell you how many times he has taken care of me. When I was pregnant with Elijah and would be ordered to rest he did everything in his power to make me rest, even got up with Kale and let me sleep. We take care of each other like that and that is one of the things I love most about our marriage. Anyhow hopefully Christopher will get to feeling better soon and hopefully all he needs is some good relaxing rest. Anywho I will get to posting pictures from today and all that jazz. Blake stay safe and get some rest. The boys and I miss you so very very much!!!!

143

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Your mom always has her eyes closed and her mouth open in pictures! Chris inherited the close-eye photo thing too... like do they blink more than the average human or what? Chris got a good report from the doc yesterday... I think he is having migraines, which can be alarming if you have never had one!

amber leann said...

Glad to see that Chris got a good report, and glad to see all of the cute pics!