The Family

The Family
This is us about 6 hours after Elijah arrived. I'm happy because the phenergan had worn off and no I'm not on pain meds here.

Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!

So not much happened today.....I agree with Stacy. This is the first time in my life that I have done nothing for the fourth of july. With Blake being gone I think it would have been too emotional for me. Plus mom worked and with Little Granny being in the hospital this week, I didn't think they would be up for company. I tried to get Kale and Elijah to do some sparkelers but they weren't interested.......hhhmmmm maybe they would have preferred bottle rockets. I got to chat with Blake online twice today, and Elijah even got to see him on web cam. I am going to have to try harder to get both he and Kale on a schedule and stick to it or I will end up pulling my hair out. I am starting to work through my daze and see the light at the end of the tunnel.....I know there will be hard days ahead, but I must keep on trucking for my boys' sake. Well that is about all......I think I am going to go flip tv stations and relax and then try to get some rest. Blake I love you honey-stay safe!!

1 comment:

Kiwi said...

there is definitely a light at the end of that tunnel =] glad that you are getting to see it. i dunno why, but all holidays for me are hard to get through without Nathan home. it could be something as small as Labor Day.. and i still miss him cause he's not where he's supposed to be. as normal as it is, it still sucks. BUT, it does get better. and i'm happy for you that you got to talk to yours today too =] that always helps!! and if it makes you feel any better, this is the first year i haven't had plans either. haha!
hope you have a great weekend!