The Family

The Family
This is us about 6 hours after Elijah arrived. I'm happy because the phenergan had worn off and no I'm not on pain meds here.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Brain Hurts

Well today was full of imformation and its all stuffed into my head...making it hurt. Bright and early this morning I called the housing office once again, ready to give them a piece of my mind. To my shock we got an offer on a house!!! I about had a heart attack right then and there!!! We move in on or before August 1st. Get ready Heather I'm coming back to you!!!! haha So now that the housing situation is settled all I have to do is get the boys, me, our clothes, and their toys out there. It will be hard and stressfull, but I fully believe it will be worth it. Kale will start school on August 15th and I am so excited. They did such an awesome job with him the past school year I can't wait to see what this year has in store for him. I am on my way to achieving my goal of having the housing set up and running smoothly for Blake when he returns. That is the one thing I want to do for him. I know you think it sounds small, but when you come back from over there it takes you a little bit to get into the swing of things. So, I am thinking, if all he has to do it walk through the door and sit on the couch that will make the transition on him easier. Honestly, its the least that I can do. I am excited to go back. I have started making friends out there!! The once absent from my life FRG has come through big time. They really are showing me that it truly is a support system.....afterall we are all going through the same thing. I will be honest I am a little scared about going back there, but I am going to take this leap of faith. I am going to trust my gut, trust myself, and most of all trust the Lord. I know I can do this. I still have those days where I think I won't make it, but I know I can......I'm a fighter!! Anyone who knows the story of me and Blake knows I am a fighter. So now that the housing seems to be straightened out I am allowing myself to be cautiously optimistic. After all I know how the Army can be, things can change at the last minute. Having Blake's support in all of this helps more than I can say. He keeps telling me I trust whatever decision you make. I can't help but feel if I do this and fall flat on my ass he will still love me. I'm not so sure that Fort Sill is ready for both Heather and I, but they better get ready cause here we come :) That out of they way.....Can someone please tell me why we have 5 million dollars worth of toys and my kids want to play with pringle cans??? I swear I didn't do crack while I was pregnant with any of them haha I say they got it from their daddys. I have learned that my Medical Terminology class is going to be HARD!! My teacher grades HARD!! I hope I can do it!! Well other than that things were pretty normal today.....I didn't get to talk to Blake for very long which makes me sad, but at least I know he is ok! On a sadder note...My friend Elida, she was my very first Army Wife friend, had her baby 3 months ago and he wasn't due until this month. He came home about 3 weeks ago I guess and was doing great! She returned home from work this morning and went to check on him and we had passed away in his sleep. They don't really know what happened. I am guessing with as small and premature as he was that maybe it was SIDS.....But that is just me guessing. So when you say your prayers tonight please send up a special one for Elida and Gene Martiny. They live in Ft. Gordon, Georgia right now. She has been so good to me and helped me through my crazy pregnant days. I can't even imagine loosing a child and I don't know how to help her other than to be here to listen and to pray for her. Well I guess that is about it. I'm going to fold clothes and then off to bed. Blake stay safe!!! The boys miss you and love you!!! 143

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Glad to hear that the housing situation is working out for you. Let me know what I can do to help you out. What the heck is the FRG? I swear Army talk is like a foreign language. I am SO sad to hear about your friends baby. I will say a special prayer for them. I can't imagine their heartache. And yes, Blake, you spelled it correctly- and it was good to "hear" from you! Stay Safe.

LindseyB said...

FRG=family readiness group