The Family

The Family
This is us about 6 hours after Elijah arrived. I'm happy because the phenergan had worn off and no I'm not on pain meds here.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just Another Ordinary Day

Today was just another ordiary day. Another day of calling housing at Fort Sill only to have them not call me back. Seems like we will never get a house on post. I just want to get a house on post before Blake returns. Kale is walking more and more every day and is even trying to go from a sitting position on the floor to standing up. YAY!!! Go Kale!!! Elijah is just babbling away and rolling over more. People have told me that he is starting to look like me more, but honestly I just don't see it. It has rained almost all day today which made me want to sleep in, but the boys had other plans. A clap of thunder around 0600 woke them both. Sleeping in is just not what life has in store for me....oh well. Seems that a couple of my blogs have ruffeled a few feathers and that is not what I am trying to do. I am just trying to get my thoughts out so that my mind isn't racing when I try to lay down and rest. Actually it seems to be helping a little. I got to chat with Blake for a little bit today and he is doing ok. They changed his job, which we both knew could happen. It is a job with more responsibilty and a potential to advance him in ranks. I know he will do a wonderfull job. I know I am biased, but he is so detail orientented that I think this suits him. He's not like me with fly by the seat of your pants, he pays very close attention to detail. We balance each other out nicely. While the boys napped today I looked through some of our chat logs from his last deployment. Hard to believe it has been 2 years since we started on our journey. Reading through those made me fall for him all over again in a sense. I realized yet again how far we have come and how many obstacles we have faced, but we have made it this far and will continue to make it. Yes before you ask I should have been studying, but oh well it was fun none the less. I keep trying to think of a creative anniversary present for him. I know the first anniversary is suppose to be paper, traditionaly, but I just don't know what to do. I am thinking about making a scrapbook of things that are going on with the kids while he is gone, but that won't be finished for some time. I thought about sending him Charmin, but I didn't know if he would see the humor.....I don't know that men know that the 1st anniversary is suppose to be paper. I will just be happy that he remembers :) If anyone has any creative ideas let me know. I got down today when I was thinking about our anniversary. I realized that we won't be together for our 1st or 2nd.....but then I thought maybe for our 3rd we could take a trip-just us. It makes me laugh when I think about anniversary presents. In the past I always said I would never get married. I never thought I would meet someone that I would actually want to spend the rest of my life with. I thought that would be boring. Man was I wrong. I was blessed enough to find my better half. He balances me out in so many ways. Yes, we have our "discussions" but who doesn't. I will admit I tend to remind him that I have admitted I was wrong twice, so far, since we have been together.....hey ya gotta start somewhere right?? I truly believe that I am one of the luckiest, most blessed people on Earth. I have 2 handsome boys and a beautiful step-daughter and a wonderful husband...not to mention a great family all the way around. Yes, they get on my nerves at times, but I love them anyway. My friends, they aren't too shabby either haha Seriously my friends are AWESOME! Well I guess I will stop blabbing and go get my butt in the shower. Hope everyone had a good day. Blake, if you read this I miss you and stay safe......143

2 comments:

amber leann said...

too funny, I think you should go with the toilet paper, lol! I made a scrapbook for our 1st aniversar, of everything we did the 1st year. It wasn't fancy, but he stil drags it out to look at it.

Stacy said...

I (OF COURSE) love the scrapbook idea.. especially since there will be details that he will want to know, but won't be around for personally.
Happy Anniversary!