The Family

The Family
This is us about 6 hours after Elijah arrived. I'm happy because the phenergan had worn off and no I'm not on pain meds here.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Phone Call I've Been Waiting For!!!

So I was tossing and turning around 1am when my phone went off with a text. It was Heather saying that Nik just called her.....YAY!!! So of course I waited and waited and nothing at all for me :( So around 1030 my phone rang with a funky number, I knew it had to be Blake, and it was!!!!! I can't describe how it felt to finally hear his voice. True it has only been 2 days, but its not like he is on vacation or something. So we talked 10 or 15 minutes and it was great. It made me feel better to hear his voice and know that he is ok......so tonight I was sitting there and I get a text that says get on yahoo messenger......so bit and I walk to them computer and not only did I get to talk to him I got to see him on webcam!!!! So I put Elijah up on the desk and he started cooeing and swatting at Blake on the screen. Talk about a bittersweet moment. Poor thing is going to think his daddy lives in the computer. So we talked for a few minutes and then he was off to have breakfast......today has been a good day. I am starting to see that I can do this!! It will be hard and will come with alot of sleepless nights, but I can do this!! So tomorrow when everyone is gathered with their families and shooting fireworks, just stop for a moment and send up some good thoughts and prayers for those who are separated from their families.....whether they are in the military or are separated for other reasons. I miss Blake so much, but I know I can do this!!! One more day without him here means one more day closer to him coming home....I miss you baby!! Stay safe!!!! 143

2 comments:

Kiwi said...

hii!
i just kinda stumbled across your page.. and i couldn't help but tear up when i read a couple of your posts. my fiance is in the army and leaves for iraq in a few months. but he's in training right now. boo!

hang in there! we have a strength not many women have =]

amber leann said...

The pictures are wonderful and I a so glad that you heard from him! Keep up the strength girl!